Northwest Connection Family Resources believes that young children thrive on play. For children, play is very important work. Through their role-playing, modeling, and exploration children learn so much about themselves, their friends, and their world. It is also important for parents to play with their children. Therefore, we provide a variety of times, days and locations for play groups. Activities offered at play group include: arts and crafts, games, music, free-play and snack time. Check out the calendar for dates and times of upcoming playgroups and come join the fun!
- Open Play Day Come visit out facility! Every Monday is dedicated for families to drop in and play at the center. No need to call ahead, stop by and play! Check out our lending library filled with books and movies for you and the kids to borrow.
- Tiny Tot Yoga/Active Play Day: Active Play Day will focus on Caregiver/Child Yoga activities. Join us at NCFR for some fun and interactive ways for you and your child to exercise and refocus your energy together. Everyone is welcome to join to learn more about ways to incorporate Yoga into daily routines. A light snack will be provided.
- Read, Play & Learn Playgroup: This playgroup is designed to promote growth across all areas of development for young children and motivate them to play their way to reaching higher levels of development. Read, Play & Learn is held on Friday mornings from 9:00-11:00 am at NCFR.
- Open Play: This is a time for parents to play with their child in our play room environment. Parents and children are also able to check out library materials or resources to take home and have fun with. Open play is held on Monday’s from 1:00-3:00 pm. Families are responsible for leaving the children’s area in the same condition they found it.
- Story Time: Story time is a time to listen to stories and do a simple craft. All ages are welcome to come to story time, so bring the whole family! Story time is held at the Sherman & Ruth Weiss Community Library every Tuesday morning at 10:15 am.
- Winter Connection Playgroup This interactive playgroup focuses on parent/child “play” activities with time for social interactions. A craft and snack will be provided as well. This new playgroup is in collaboration with the Winter School District and is held in the Winter 4K classroom every Friday from 10:00 am-noon during the school year.